Update 2: If you´d like to follow all of the accounts mentioned below, you can do so by following this Twitter list I´ve created this morning.
Update 1: Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback to this post. Within just 12 hours, it has become one of the most-read on Mappalicious. Via your suggestions, the list is now at 90 Twitter accounts. Therefore, I´ve decided to copy/paste this post to the (permanent) Positive Psychology Resources section. Further suggestions to the list will be added there, not here.
Over the last four years, Twitter tweets could not be found via Google. Now, both companies announced a new partnership which makes sure tweets will be part of the search results again. This means Twitter will become (even) more important in the future. So I guess that’s a good reason to see what Twitter has to offer with regard to Positive Psychology. Below, you’ll find 77 Twitter accounts of researchers, consultants, coaches, writers, bloggers, instititions, associations, news outlets, and software tools. As always, this is meant to be work in progress. So if you feel you know somebody (or an institution etc.) that belongs on this list, please leave a comment below this article. If you want to make a suggestion, please stick to people that either are in research, or otherwise display an in-depth knowledge of Positive Psychology (visible through e.g., a corresponding university degree).
- Robert Biswas-Diener: https://twitter.com/biswasdiener
- Paul Bloom: https://twitter.com/paulbloomatyale
- David Cooperrider: https://twitter.com/Dlc6David
- Amy Cuddy: https://twitter.com/amyjccuddy
- Paul Dolan: https://twitter.com/HappinessBD
- Jane Dutton: https://twitter.com/HQCJane
- Robert Emmons: https://twitter.com/robertemmons42
- Adam Grant: https://twitter.com/AdamMGrant
- Jonathan Haidt: https://twitter.com/JonHaidt
- Heidi Grant Halvorson: https://twitter.com/hghalvorson
- Dan Gilbert: https://twitter.com/DanTGilbert
- Stephen Joseph: https://twitter.com/ProfSJoseph
- Todd Kashdan: https://twitter.com/toddkashdan
- Scott Barry Kaufmann: https://twitter.com/sbkaufman
- Emilia Lahti: https://twitter.com/EmiliaLahti
- Ellen Langer: https://twitter.com/ellenjl
- Sonja Lyubomirsky: https://twitter.com/slyubomirsky
- Ryan Niemiec: https://twitter.com/ryanVIA
- John Ratey: https://twitter.com/jratey
- Tom Rath: https://twitter.com/TomCRath
- Karen Reivich: https://twitter.com/KarenReivich
- Esa Saarinen: https://twitter.com/esasaarinen
- Barry Schwartz: https://twitter.com/BarrySch
- Emma Seppälä: https://twitter.com/emmaseppala
- Michael Steger: https://twitter.com/MichaelFSteger
- Richard Wiseman: https://twitter.com/RichardWiseman
- David Yaden: https://twitter.com/ExistWell
- Shawn Achor: https://twitter.com/shawnachor
- Miriam Akhtar https://twitter.com/pospsychologist
- Louis Alloro: https://twitter.com/LouisAlloro
- Samantha Boardman: https://twitter.com/sambmd
- Dan Bowling: https://twitter.com/BowlingDan
- Jenny Brennan: https://twitter.com/jaycebrennan
- Oliver Burkeman: https://twitter.com/oliverburkeman
- Valorie Burton: https://twitter.com/valorieburton
- Christine Duvivier: https://twitter.com/Duvivier
- Sandeep Gautam: https://twitter.com/sandygautam
- Margaret Hudson Greenberg: https://twitter.com/profitbook
- Bridget Grenville-Cleave: https://twitter.com/BridgetGC
- Stella Grizont: https://twitter.com/StellaGrizont
- Susanna Halonen: https://twitter.com/SuskyH
- Donna Hemmert: https://twitter.com/dhemmert
- Aaron Hurst: https://twitter.com/Aaron_Hurst
- Renee Jain: https://twitter.com/renjain
- Louisa Jewell: https://twitter.com/louisajewell
- Meghan (Mika) Keener: https://twitter.com/PosPsychology
- Michael Jones: https://twitter.com/michaelvjjones
- Alexander Kjerulf: https://twitter.com/alexkjerulf
- Judy Krings: https://twitter.com/judykrings
- Paula Davis Laack: https://twitter.com/pauladavislaack
- Sue Langley: https://twitter.com/thelangleygroup
- Dan Lerner: https://twitter.com/DanLernerTweets
- Lesley Lyle: https://twitter.com/lesleylyle
- Senia Maymin: https://twitter.com/senia
- Jeremy McCarthy: https://twitter.com/jeremymcc
- Megan McDonough: https://twitter.com/meganmcdonough
- Michelle McQuaid: https://twitter.com/chellemcquaid
- Caroline Miller: https://twitter.com/PosPsyCarolineM
- Seph Fontane Pennock: https://twitter.com/PosPsyCourses
- David Pollay: https://twitter.com/DavidJPollay
- Shannon Polly: https://twitter.com/ShannonPolly
- Carin Rockind: https://twitter.com/carinrockind
- Giovanni Rodriguez: https://twitter.com/giorodriguez
- Nico Rose: https://twitter.com/DrNicoRose
- Gretchen Rubin: https://twitter.com/gretchenrubin
- Lisa Sansom: https://twitter.com/LVSConsulting
- Timothy Sharp: https://twitter.com/drhappy
- Emily Esfahani Smith: https://twitter.com/EmEsfahaniSmith
- Jan Stanley: https://twitter.com/JanStanley
- Katharina Tempel: https://twitter.com/Gluecksdetektiv
- Paolo Terni: https://twitter.com/paolo_terni
- Michael Tomoff: https://twitter.com/was_wenn
- Emiliya Zhivotovskaya: https://twitter.com/CoachU2Flourish
- Action for Happiness: https://twitter.com/actionhappiness
- Canadian Positive Psychology Association: https://twitter.com/CdnPosPsych
- Center for Compassion And Altruism Research And Education (Stanford): https://twitter.com/CCARE
- Center for the Advancement of Well-Being (George Mason U.): https://twitter.com/CWB_Mason
- Corporate Happiness: https://twitter.com/corphappiness
- Greater Good Science Center (Berkeley): https://twitter.com/GreaterGoodSC
- International Positive Psychology Association: https://twitter.com/IPPAnet
- Positive Psychology Center (UPenn): https://twitter.com/pennpospsychctr
- Positive Psychology News (PPND): https://twitter.com/pospsych
- Positive Psychology People: https://twitter.com/ThePPPeople
- The Happiness Experiment: https://twitter.com/explosionsofjoy
- VIA Institute on Character: https://twitter.com/VIAstrengths
- Fulfillment Daily: https://twitter.com/FulfillDaily
- Happify: https://twitter.com/Happify
- Happier: https://twitter.com/happier
- Happiness Headlines: https://twitter.com/HappinessNews
- Happiness Works: https://twitter.com/happiness_works
- Imperative: https://twitter.com/Imperative
- International Positive Education Network: https://twitter.com/PosEdNet
- Live Happy: https://twitter.com/livehappy
- Positive News (UK): https://twitter.com/PositiveNewsUK
- Puffell: https://twitter.com/Puffell
- The Happy Movie: https://twitter.com/TheHappyMovie
11 thoughts on “77 Positive Psychology People and Institutions to follow on Twitter”
I would love to be on the list as I am a researcher on gratitude. Thank you!
What a great and brillant idea, Nico! And I am both very thankful and feel honored to appear on the same list as those great and inspiring minds! I didn’t even look for most of their twitter appearances so thanks again for the list!
Another author is Ilona Bürgel from Berlin (https://twitter.com/ichdenkanmich).
And one blogger more is Katharina Tempel, as well from Berlin (https://twitter.com/Gluecksdetektiv)
You might want to add Corporate Happiness (https://twitter.com/corphappiness) as an institution, although not very active on twitter, yet. And I don’t know whether they fit into your category of an institution.
Have a great one,
Great, thank you. I’m not even half throught and have already found so many wonderful sources and tips. Really helpful.
Hi Nico, Wonderful list. Thank you for compiling it. I wonder if you might like to consider including my twitter handle https://twitter.com/robbiecat, in the category of consultants, coaches, speakers, writer, bloggers. I am also am a podcaster – possibly the only one that seeks to expand the conversation of positivity and strength-based methodologies in the field of human and organizational development. The podcast is called Positivity Strategist – http://positivitystrategist.com. Some of the people on this list have already been and/or will be future guests on my show. The invitation is open to all of you, so please contact me via my site. My vision is to increase love, connection and positive social change in the world by amplifying the global conversation in this field.
Hi Nico, may I find a mention on the list: Sandip Roy – https://twitter.com/sandyzombie/
Thanks for a comprehensive collection! Some of the links you gave are mobile.twitter links.
Bringing character education and positive psychology tools to middle school classrooms. Using character strengths to develop growth mindsets in children.
Hi Nico, We’d love to be on your list. We use lots of positive psychology in our work with organisations and in the community. @ResilienceDevCo
Thanks for this wonderful list!!
Open Mind Education (@fitminsopen) would love to be on your list as well. We partner with schools and train staff so they feel confident, prepared and empowered to teach aspect of positive psychology in our student wellbeing program MFIT (Mind Fitness)!
Keep up the great work!!
Upenn’s Twitter handle is now @PennPosPsychCtr https://twitter.com/pennpospsychctr